Online Breastfeeding Information (Go here instead of to Dr. Google!):
- San Diego Breastfeeding Center Blog
- Kelly Mom
- Stanford Medicine on Breastfeeding
- La Leche League International Resources
- Dr. Jack Newman
- Low Milk Supply, by IBCLCs Diana West and Lisa Marasco
Breastfeeding Videos and Podcasts:
- Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC’s videos on Natural Breastfeeding (a.k.a. Laid Back Nursing)
- DIY Breastfeeding videos by the San Diego Breastfeeding Center
- The Boob Group and Newbies podcasts from New Mommy Media
Pumping and Hand Expression:
- Stanford Medicine’s videos on maximizing milk production with hands on pumping and hand expression
- Maya Bolman, IBCLC’s video on breast massage and hand expression
Baby Behaviors and Sleep:
- Getting to Know Your Baby video with Dr. Jane Heinig from the UC-Davis Human Lactation Center
- Secrets of Baby Behavior from the UC-Davis Human Lactation Center
- Co-Sleeping from Dr. James McKenna and the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory
- Infant Sleep Information Source (ISIS) in the U.K.
- Understanding Infant Sleep, the First 6 Weeks from the San Diego Breastfeeding Center
Tongue/Lip Tie Information:
- Advocates for Tongue Tie Education
- Catherine Watson Genna, IBCLC, NY, NY
- Dr. Bobby Ghaheri, Portland, OR
- Dr. Lawrence Kotlow, Albany, NY
- And many more resources from Fleur of Nurtured Child
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- The Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making More Milk
- Sweet Sleep: Nighttime and Naptime Strategies for the Breastfeeding Family
Lactation Cookies: If you are nursing or pumping 8-12+ times in 24 hours, then foods you eat can help increase milk production, like lactation cookies!
- wendyEllen Cochran is a birth doula and belly dancing instructor, and she makes amazing cookies!
- Belly Belly in Australia has good information and recipes if you want to make your own
For referrals to amazing, local health & wellness providers (chiropractor, craniosacral therapist, massage therapist, naturopathic doctor, osteopathic doctor homeopathy practitioner, doula, midwife, etc.), please contact me!
Bodywork for Infants:
- From Kellymom
- From San Diego Breastfeeding Center
- From La Leche League International on Chiropractic Care for the Breastfeeding Dyad and Craniosacral Therapy
- From the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, including research abstracts showing the efficacy of chiropractic care for infants, children and pregnant women
Pediatric Chiropractic with Dr. Aurelie Petitclerc:
Good representations of good and poor latches:
How to use a Nipple Shield:
Please keep scrolling or see right column for more great videos!
Laid Back Breastfeeding!
Hand Expression/Breast Massage Video (GREAT FOR ENGORGEMENT):
Paced Bottle Feeding Videos:
Diaper Changing Technique to Reduce Colic: